Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today...

Made a phone call about a possible personal care assistant job for the summer.
Ran for the 1st time since being home...it was quite cold this morning esp. compared to running in Africa.
Went into town to the college since I can't check my school email here at home..this is an old machine.
Saw several familiar faces and had some conversations...ran into my good friends Beth and Becky Blodgett who took me to the Rutland Ben and Jerry's for free cone day. I'd never have known about it if it weren't for running into them. It was a little cold for ice cream but that's never stopped me before. Crowded in there...whole school buses were dropping kids off to get their free scoop and a half. I had the classic choc. chip cookie dough.
Returned to the college library afterwards to finish loading all these pictures. It did feel a little weird to be there with all those students around in their last couple of stressful weeks of the semester and there I was looking at all my Tanzania photos. I feel for them. I'll be back in it before long myself. I'm going back to school for a 3 week concentrated course on Daniel/ Revelation taught by Dr. Carl Schultz. Never had him before. I'm sure he's a great guy, but after hearing him in chapel I'm a little wary of the 3 hour lectures.
Tonight: dad went to sing at an open mic in Rutland, (I guess he's started doing that more since I've been gone) he's pretty good and has been writing his own songs. I'll probably watch another episode of this PBS special about a naval aircraft carrier. It's a bit of a drama and profanity is bleeped out left and right, but it's interesting. Tomorrow: more calls about work.

No comments: