Wednesday, January 9, 2008

FHUHS


On Monday night my dad and I went to a FHUHS Slaters' basketball game. I've been back there a couple of times since I graduated, but boy, it was so weird to be sitting there in the stands watching these kids. They all looked so young. I recognized a few faces and even some folks I graduated with, but still. The question that my peers and I are always asking when we think back on high school and when we see current high schoolers is... "Did we look that young and act that way?" Unfortunatelly the answer is probably "yes" for most of us.

The suspense!!! (Note Dad's leaning forward and jaw dropped.)
The Slaters won against Mill River off course.
I kept catching myself about to shout "Go Houghton!!!" from the stands. It must just be ingrained now so that saying "Go Slaters!" just doesn't come naturally.

3 comments:

barefootkangaroo said...

I too am a slater. I never attended a single game though (except for soccer which I played, but that doesn't count)

barefootkangaroo said...

I think "slater" is arguably the coolest team name for high school ever. That's this man's opinion.

Lydia T. said...

It 'tis it 'tis.