Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm home!

I've been back in the U.S.A. for 4 days and now am preparing to head back to Houghtown.

Thanks for your prayers everyone. I mentioned asking my hostess to church and I'm afraid that after all, she wasn't able to come with me. But that doesn't mean the Lord wasn't still working. I had the chance to buy her a New Testament and Psalms along with a little booklet about finding hope in times of trouble (all in French of course). That Saturday morning I had a nice breakfast with her and gave her the little gifts including some info on the churches I had visited there in Quebec. She was very happy to receive them and praise the Lord, she said she would read them while she is at work as she needs things to read there. I never got to technically witness to her but I mentioned how the Psalms are special and comforting to me and she seemed interested to read them further. I'm trusting and praying that the Word of God will now be working in her heart as she reads it. I may have just started to plant the first seed and God only knows how He may work in her life.

1 comment:

The Ethan said...

Aw well I am sure the Lord will use what you've done in this woman's life. But way to serve. Sorry about the lack of Bible study last night the whole tornado thing is so annoying! p.s. we still have no power. aaaaah!